Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ginger

Ginger has to be the best Thai Spicy Noodles I have tasted in some time. I discovered this place while working today east of Downtown Dallas on Mockingbird. Apparently this is the second location for this restaurant and I can see why. The Menu is amazing and has a combination of traditional Thai appetizers, soups, salads, curries, rice and stir fried dishes. The house specialty is noodle and seafood dishes. The menu was complete with pictures that made my mouth water.

The inside of the restaurant was recently renovated and very inviting. New tables, linens and very shiny silverware. I was there about 1pm and there were 15 -20 people taking up about half the tables. They definitely had a local following for such a new location. They still had temporary signs up outside.

I decided on the Spicy Noodles (Pad Kee Mao). I ordered them with a spiciness of 7 on a scale of 1-10. This may be a mistake for most people. I fortunately like to sweat while I eat, because that is what I did for about 20 minutes when my food arrived. This dish included rice noodles stir fried with chili, garlic, tomato, bell pepper, onion and sweet basil. As I worked through my dish wiping the sweat off my face and blowing my runny nose a few times, I had to ask for a refill on my Thai Iced Tea. It was excellent by the way.

It was a quick lunch, so I had no time for dessert or appetizers. I can tell you I will be returning to try them both in the near future. I look forward to a curry dish, I saw a few of those come out of the kitchen.

I am going to rate this experience very high for a couple reasons. First, the dish I had was unbelievable. Second, I overheard two adjacent tables raving about their salads and curry dishes. When people are that vocal about food, it must be good. It was very quick and the service I had was amazing. I give Ginger 10 stars out of 10., A perfect score for Thai and I predict this second location is the start of many more if they continue to turn out experiences like I had today.

No comments:

Post a Comment