Sunday, August 9, 2015

Afrah Mediterranean Cuisine

One of my favorite types of cuisine for lunch is mediterranean. I feel like I am eating healthier for some reason. That may not be the case, but I certainly feel better about it.

Last week I spotted Afrah Mediterranean Cuisine off the freeway in Irving. I am sure glad I stopped, it was delicious and authentic. What I think was the most eye opening was the staff and customers. They were all middle eastern. I have always said....eat where the locals eat when trying different cuisines and you will usually leave happy.

I had fried cauliflower and chicken shawarma. Both were $4.99 and for $10 I was stuffed. If I had only had the cauliflower I would have been satisfied. The sandwich was small, but very flavorful. This is the first shawarma I have ever had with french fries in the sandwich. It was good!

They also have appetizers like hummus, falafel, muhammara and a red bell pepper and walnut dip. Some other items include an 8 inch meat pie for only $4.99. They have Kababs and family feasts in larger portions.

Most of the sandwiches and plates give you a choice of protein. They offer Beef, chicken, kafta(ground sirloin with spices), Lamb,  sajuk(spicy beef sausage), gyro and  salmon. They also have burgers.  The menu is quite extensive.

They offer a buffet for $11.99 on weekdays only. I was there on a Saturday so I had to order a la carte. I look forward to returning to try the buffet so I can try some of the other items. I would give Afrah a try if you love Mediterranean food. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Click to add a blog post for Afrah Mediterranean Restaurant and Pastries on Zomato



No comments:

Post a Comment