Sunday, August 9, 2015

Taco Ocho


My son and I tried Taco Ocho in Frisco Yesterday. Anyone who knows me would tell you one of my favorite foods is tacos. I had been watching this place for a while and wondered is this another Tex-Mex taco or a real taco.

I was pleasantly surprised that Taco Ocho neither. If I had to classify it, I would call it an upscale taco with latin flavors. You really have three choices....Tacos, Tostadas(all vegetarian) and Tortas. I have to say that while reading the menu board, while eating my taco and tostada, I wished I had maybe tried a torta.

I chose the Ancho Garlic Shrimp Taco and the Yucatan Tostada with rice, beans, chips and salsa(pictured). The shrimp taco in a flour tortilla and filled with plantain pico de gallo and shredded spinach. The Yucatan tostada has black beans, potatoes, poblanos, corn, red onions, sour cream and cotija cheese. Both had great flavors and the salsa was perfectly spiced up for me. My one criticism was the the tostada fell apart while I was eating it and I had to finish with a fork. I will eat it before the taco next time so it does not get soggy.

The Frisco location also serves beer, wine and has a margarita machine. They have outdoor seating and I can see more visits, food and margaritas in my future.

Click to add a blog post for Taco Ocho on Zomato 


No comments:

Post a Comment