Thursday, May 28, 2009

Firehouse Subs


I tried our Firehouse Subs for lunch the other day ans was not really impressed. I had the New York Steamer, which included Brisket, pastrami, provolone, mustard and mayo. It came with a pickle on the side. I had the medium and when I saw it I wished it was a large. It was just not what I expected.

The sandwich did have good flavor and was gone very quickly. As I was leaving I passed the hot sauce bar. This would have been nice to know about...There were no less than 50 varieties of hot sauce. This could have made things interesting. It is too bad I discovered this on the way out the door. Maybe the guy who took my order, or the guy who delivered my sandwich, or the manager who said" hi" to me could have pointed out that my sandwich would taste better with sauce.

This restaurant gets a 5 stars out of ten based on my experience that day. I do think it has 7 or 8 star potential depending on the hot sauce you choose and size sandwich you order. What I had was more like a snack than a meal.

Firehouse Subs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment